Thursday, August 13, 2020

ZACH OF AVEN

It was actually the first time Zach addressed this sensitive issue with his father. This one realized the maturity of his son, and he was sorry for what happened in their relationship.

Zach’s dad: “You’ve grown up already and I didn’t even notice it. Here you are, talking like a man now. I see I was wrong and many years have been wasted just because I refused to consider something I saw as foolishness which you clung to. I didn’t even try to understand you. Instead, I created a tug of war between us on the basis that if you didn’t accept my way of thinking, I wouldn’t show you love. I’m sorry I made life difficult for you, Zachary. I’m so sorry, my son.”

His father didn’t know what to do, as his error dawned on him as regards his relationship with his firstborn. But Zach was strong. He had resolved that matter a long time ago and there was no loss in his perspective.

Zach: “Dad, I have no regrets concerning the past. You and I have from today to eternity to live our relationship as it’s supposed to be. One thing you need to know; I’m Zach because you’re my father, and having believed that the Agape accepted me unconditionally, so I accepted you for I couldn’t be me if you were not my father.”

This appreciation of Zach on the nature of their relationship crushed his father. Zach showed that he held nothing against his father, even if this one hadn’t treated him with love. Seeing the helplessness of his father before the openness of his brother vis-à-vis their relationship, Chris took his hand, dragged him to Zach, and forced both to shake hands. When they were on it, the father gave in and hugged his son, something he hadn’t done for ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment