Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I SAW AN ECLIPSE IN A DREAM

My brothers and I were at the balcony taking air and looking at the sky like every time I am at the balcony. I always look at the moon, whom I used to conversed with in the past yet in recent years, I don’t usually come to be with it and so I used to apologize to it that I don’t come anymore to spend time with it.

I was sitting in a chair and my brothers sat on the mat on the floor. It was night but the sun was shining and we could see it. I think that was one of the abnormalities that happened in dreams where you’re persuaded of something happening in the dream but as you wake up, you realize it shouldn’t be so.

So though it was night, we knew it was the sun and we were looking at it. It was big and large, shining like the moon and we could see it clearly. Then we saw the shadow of the moon going around the sun yet not covering it entirely. The shadow of the moon was small and we saw it going across the sun close to the edges, not in the middle. We wondered and asked if there wasn’t going to be an eclipse.

I don’t know how it happened, but the shadow of the moon completely covered the sun and we saw how the sun was being overshadowed and the edges, which seemed to still lighten, were soon covered entirely and the sun was gone. It was totally dark for it blended with the night and it was as though nothing was in that place.
That was when my brothers and I realized that it was an eclipse. Nobody else, however, seemed to have noticed it. Everyone was doing their things in the neighborhood and since we were upstairs, I tried to shout the news
Me: “There’s an eclipse. Il y a une eclipse.”

I didn’t shout aloud for I was afraid since it wasn’t perceptible to sight. It was night and if anyone had not seen how the thing happened, they wouldn’t believe that the sun was there in the first place.

As I’m here writing, I wonder how I held back when such a phenomenon was happening. It was one of those certainties that I usually have in dreams. I’ve realized that in dreams, I don’t doubt or believe something; I’m just certain of everything happening. That’s how I was certain people would laugh at me if I shouted that there was an eclipse.

It was like in reality, I don’t shout anything in the neighborhood. I don’t say anything outdoors. When I get down, I go straight to my destination. When I am at the balcony, apart from conversing with my family, the moon, the stars, the clouds and the Lord, I sing. And when I’m transported, I sing aloud and can’t hold back. I used to not mind anyone because that gave me great joy. But now I’ve realized people might be disturbed, especially as I used to sing at night. So I communed with the Son.

I haven’t told you the strangest thing that happened in the dream yet. I still don’t know how it happened but there were two spherical bodies in space. It’s like the sun changed to planet earth after the eclipse and the shadow of the moon into another planet that resembled earth. We could see the shape of the earth as on the map with the blue waters and the continents. The other planet was also blue but we couldn’t recognize the shapes of the dry land; they were none of those we knew.

Both were headed for collision. The two bodies were coming towards each other being on the same trajectory. My brothers and I were sure it was the end of the world since if they collided, they would crash into each other. It was strange because we knew it was earth, the planet on which we lived and that whatever happened to it would affect us. Yet we didn’t find it strange that we were looking at it in the sky.
And so both planets came into each other but they passed each other somehow, without crashing; as if they were colored shadows crossing each other. Then each continued on its path and so there was no end of the world. My brothers and I were relieved and my sister came and we told her what happened and she wasn’t happy that we didn’t notify her when it was happening. But we had not been sure all along; we didn’t know if it was eclipse or not. That was when I woke up and a joy filled me because I saw an eclipse live. Then I taught I should write it down and relate it in a video.

There is a background to what happened. It was Sunday night, January 7, 2018. There was blackout in the neighborhood and I joined my mother at the balcony and we discussed together with my little sister. We were saying things like we want Jesus to return and free humanity from its suffering. People are stressed and not fine and if only the Savior would return, all our struggles would be over.

I would no longer strive to get readers for my book or struggle to realize my dream seeing Jesus is the satisfaction of all men. Nothing else would matter; eating, working all these would be gone for the Savior is here and we’re henceforth free from everything that used to plague us. It would be like those things had never been, for the satisfaction we get in the Son.

Then my mother told us a story of something that happened in the past. She heard it from her mothers. You know, in the villages in the past, one’s mother was not only their biological mother, but the mothers who were in one’s vicinity. So the mothers she was acquainted to were all her mothers.

Even the mothers of my father confirmed the story. That once in the past as everyone was in the farm working in the heat of the day, the sky opened under heaven and the day turned into darkness at that noon hour. Chicken were confused since the dark caught them in broad daylight and they hurried all about looking for shelter.
The villagers knew what an eclipse was and said it was when the sun and the moon battled in broad daylight. They said the moon would appear in the day and would want to take the place of the sun and so both would wrestle to see who wins. The sun would eventually win for after that brief moment of darkness in the daytime, sunlight would appear once again and the moon would go away.

Yet what happened on that day was not an eclipse. As the sky opened under heaven and the day turned into darkness, a tall man appeared in the opening and he was very black. The people saw him for many saw him since most of them were in the farms working.

Once they saw him, they cried out all at once. Everyone, wherever they were, shouted and the whole village yelled as one man. After they had shouted in this manner, the opening closed and the man disappeared and sunlight returned. The chicken came out of their hideouts again, puzzled.

That happened once upon a time in the village. My mother didn’t see it herself but she heard it from her mothers. And the interpretation they gave was that the world was going to end. But then the Son caused a shout to come out of the mouth of the people and when the world shouted as one, the phenomenon stopped and went away.

After my mother related this story to me, I remembered a dream I had when I was a kid. I used to say it in the past; now I don’t anymore. I was at the balcony facing the west side. Whenever we get to the balcony, we get to the west side since the breeze comes from there and there used to be no tall buildings obstructing the view. And so we used to look at the horizon, the sunset from that side.

It was also from that side that the school I attended as a child was found; and the church too. The place is Cinecam. Maybe because it was the direction in which the church was found, I used to gaze at that side often. In that dream as my eyes were in that direction, I saw a man tall with white garments and he was like standing one foot on the church. I could see him clearly even though our house was far away from Cinecam. I knew it was the Son. I think that’s one of the times I saw the Son in my dream.

That dream was to me like the passage in Revelation about an angel who was so tall and whose feet were one on the land and the other on the sea. But I had the persuasion in my dream that it was the Son, Jesus Christ, himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment