Monday, April 10, 2017

BEING A HERO II

Ryan: “Earth calls you superheroes because in our illustrations, you’re depicted as beings with supernatural abilities, which we don’t have. And you use your superhuman strength to rescue people in danger.”

Tenshinhan: “You don’t need supernatural strength to rescue people. Nootra is unique with its supernatural abilities; that’s certain. Yet what about people who don’t have them? I think every planet should adapt to their situation and bring out the best in them to the world.”

Yamcha: “Being a hero is simply being at the service of people. You don’t need super powers for that. Anyone can be a hero if they have a heart to serve others.”
Piccolo: “Man is never contented with what is within reach. He always sees something lacking and thinks that’s what will make him happy. I have a message for planet Earth. When you get back home, tell your people, especially my fans, to stop looking for superheroes without but to find the hero within them.”

Tenshinhan: “This is what we do in Nootra. Not all of us have super powers. There are citizens without super powers and citizens with super powers. Yet all of us are heroes because we rescue one another, like today. We’re all responsible for Goku’s victory since we all contributed to it. Anytime you offer the least help to someone, you make them feel better, and that makes you a hero.”
Chaozu: “Tenshinhan is right.”

Dende: “You’re a hero Zach. You’re brave and courageous; and your speech was uplifting. It strengthened all of us and motivated even the least willing among us to unite and win as one. It’s like the entire universe heard you and approved what you said.”
Zach scratched his head for that compliment made to him in the presence of everybody disturbed him. He wasn’t used to being praised so he answered timidly.

Zach: “Well, I just said anything. I’m not good at talking before people, you know.”
Son Goku: “Zach, that speech gave me the courage to rise and fight for my friends. I don’t know if I would have done so without your faith. Those inspired utterances revived all of us. They couldn’t be mere words; I think they were spirits, which infilled us. They activated our faith and gave us the strength to still believe, irrespective of what our eyes saw.

‘Never forget this children: whatever word of love, of faith you offer people, you stir hope in them and this keeps them confident, and eventually changes their situation and saves them. That’s what being a hero is all about. Zach, if it were not for your words, the galaxy might be lost by now. Not everybody possesses the powers I have; but power is vain in itself. I have superhuman strength yet the faith of my friends and their trust in me determine my victory. You may call me your hero but to me, it’s all of you my heroes. I believe in destiny and now I know you came to this dimension to prevent the destruction of our world. Zach, you’re a true superhero.”
Son Goku stood up, walked up to Zach and offered his hand.

Son Goku: “Thank you Zachary. As of this day, you’re my friend. And you, standing as their representative, so are the people of Earth.”
Zach took his hand and they pressed each other’s hands warmly.
Zach: “The pleasure is mine Mr. Goku. I’m happy to have assisted you. I’m proud to be your friend and I know many are on Earth. There’s something I desire from you.”
Son Goku: “Anything buddy.”

Zach: “I want to challenge you to a duel.”
Dende: “Are you sure about that Zach? Do you think you can beat Son Goku?”
Zach: “Once I stop believing, I stop progressing. I came here to challenge the strongest man in my universe. Broly has skill, energy and power, but I don’t believe he’s the strongest because these elements have no value, as Son Goku said. It’s only when you use them to serve people that you become truly powerful, thereby giving meaning to these assets. They exist to serve man, otherwise they’re useless.”

Son Goku: “Well Zach, you don’t cease to impress me. I like the spirit animating you. No doubt superheroes are on Earth.”
Zach: “So what’s your response Sir?”
Son Goku: “Duel accepted. I’d be delighted to see what the Earth is made of. And if you’re good, I’ll stop there one day and challenge some of your fighters.”

Zach and the Earthlings were on top of the world because of this momentous exchange with Son Goku the Saiyan. When Son Goku finished with the Earthlings, he turned to his sons. He stroked the hair of Goten as he talked with them.
Son Goku: “Gohan, Goten, I’m proud of you. You do well when you fight for your friends and the universe like you did today.”
Gohan: “You taught us to do so dad.”

Goten: “We’re proud to have a father like you. You’re the best dad in the whole world.”
Son Goku: “If only that was true my champion. I haven’t always been there for you two. I’ve been busy fighting for the galaxy and have neglected my duties as a father. I can never be grateful enough to your mother for bringing you up alone. What would I do without my hero? She gave me adorable children like you Gohan, and you my clone. Come closer sons.”


Son Goku hugged his sons and promised them something.
Son Goku: “When I recover from these wounds, we’ll spend a lot of time together, and I will train you and your new friends. I can feel a lot of energy in the two of them.”
Those remarks Son Goku made about them elated Ryan and Zach. They knocked their chests against each other and jumped up and down in anticipation. Trunks, Goten and Noah joined them in celebration.
Yamcha: “Goku, here’s a Senzu Bean for you.”

Son Goku: “Thanks pal. You and Puar did a great job. Chaozu, you too were fantastic. Everybody did wonderfully well. It’s unfortunate Krilin isn’t here. I’d like all of my companions to surround me after a battle like this.”
Gohan: “Krilin remained in the city to protect it against our enemies who eventually turned out our allies.”
Tenshinhan: “Goku, maybe you should start training the kids now that you’ve recovered.”

This extracted a loud laugh from all of them. Meanwhile, Alan was exploring the galaxy with the Silver Surfer. Sitting on the board of this one, the young Earthling and his rider crossed many planets until they came to some remotest parts of the galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment