Wednesday, February 20, 2019

LETTER TO THE USA

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am highly honored to come to your authority to present this request. My name is Margaret Newmeli and I live in Cameroon. I am a woman of thirty-four and of Cameroonian nationality. I have a Masters in English as a foreign language. I taught as an English teacher in a francophone secondary school for three years. Now I am composing songs and writing books.

My dream has always been to migrate to the United States of America. This was since I was a child. America is my dreamland, the place I desire to be. Yet for many years, I have not had a chance of getting to your country. That is why I turned to the US Department of State and ask you to grant me asylum in your country, which I love very much. I’m committed to working for the growth of the country of my dream. I believe in the American dream and I know America is the place where all my aspirations will be realized.

I’ve sought to release my songs for more than twenty years, but to no avail. I am living in a French community and the message in my books and songs can’t be heard because I sing and write in English. I have always loved the United States. I remember when I was a child, I used to celebrate Independence Day on the 4th of July. I watched all American patriotic films and even wanted to be in the military to protect the American people. I read American literature at school and I’m a Marvel and DC Comics fans.

I love your country so much and I consider Americans blessed because they are in the country of all possibilities. I’m persuaded my writing and singing aspirations that got no attention because of no interest in my country will receive their attention from the Americans. I finally realized my songs, my writings were all written for the American people and I consider your people my people.

I am determined to contribute to the productivity of any American city I may find myself in. I speak English and French and I have worked in the sector of education before. I believe sound education for our children is the hope to make this world the place we all dream of. However, I am opened to every possibility. I can work in any sector for I have talents and much potential.

I spent a year in France where I obtained my Master’s degree and I visited the Netherlands. I returned to Cameroon after that period because Europe was not my dream; the United States is. I taught English Language to secondary school children. My salary was 100 dollars a month and the condition under which I worked wasn’t good. I was a part-timer and they let me go after three years. From that time, I concentrated on writing my books, which address situations of people in every domain.

Years have passed and I have not attained my dream yet. Please US Department of State, I beg for your compassion. I have no means to get to the United States except you the authority help me. I ask you to grant my wish. I feel like I was born in the wrong place of the world. Is my fate sealed because of that? Can’t I be where I want to be?

My destiny is to be in America and I have none to turn to but the United States government. Please, grant me the possibility to live my dream. I know this change of place is the breakthrough in my life. I just have to be at the right place for everything to work well.

I thank you Sir or Madam for reading my letter, and I hope with all my heart that you consider my case. I wish you all good things as well as the American people.
God bless America.
Margaret Newmeli

No comments:

Post a Comment